Call For A Free Initial Consultation | We Are Available 24/7
${}${SEMFirmNameAlt} Jacobs & Fishman, P.C. Representing the Injured for Over 50 Years

Conshohocken Personal Injury Law Blog

Should I be worried about rabies if I am bitten by a dog?

Getting bitten by an animal in Conshohocken should never be taken lightly. Bites can be serious and can lead to infections and diseases. While the chances of contracting rabies from a dog bite are slim, it can happen. Here is what you need to know about the virus and what you should do if you think you have been exposed.

According to WebMD, in this country rabies is most commonly found in bats, skunks and other forest creatures. Pets, such as dogs and cats, that are permitted to spend time outdoors unsupervised can come into contact with an infected animal and contract the virus. While dogs are required by law to be vaccinated for rabies, not all owners adhere to this requirement.

A look at traffic fatalities in Pennsylvania

When fatal traffic accidents occur in Conshohocken, it can be devastating for those who lose a friend or loved one. Unfortunately, deaths from car accidents continue to be a problem across Pennsylvania. Here is a look at what the statistics have to say about these tragic collisions. reports that 1,189 people died in traffic crashes in Pennsylvania last year. That number actually represented a decrease from the previous year. In fact, only a handful of states reported fewer traffic deaths in 2016 than 2015. This bucks the national trend, which saw a 14 percent increase over the last two years.

Ignition interlocks help keep repeat drunk drivers off the road

Getting into a motor vehicle accident with a drunk driver in Conshohocken can be extremely frustrating. In addition to dealing with injuries, medical bills and vehicle damage, it can be disheartening to realize that the accident was most likely preventable. Many people who get behind the wheel after drinking have done so before and that is why some courts are looking to ignition interlock devices to keep these drivers, and those who must share the road with them, safe.

According to Mothers Against Drunk Driving, people who are arrested for drunk driving the first time have already gotten the wheel after imbibing 80 times on average without getting caught. Requiring them to have an ignition interlock installed cuts down on their chances of a repeat offense by 67 percent. That benefit continues even after the device is removed, as offenders continue to be 39 percent less likely to repeat their crime.

Distracted driving widespread among millennial drivers

Getting into a car accident in Conshohocken can be stressful and overwhelming. In addition to dealing with damage to your motor vehicle, you may also be faced with severe injuries from the crash that affect your quality of life and ability to work. Many such accidents may have been preventable if not for the negligence of another driver.

A new study has found that distracted driving is a prevalent problem and that millennial drivers in particular are guilty of engaging in distracting behaviors while behind the wheel. While people of all ages admitted to risky driving behaviors, young millennials between the ages of 19 and 24 were found to be twice as likely to text behind the wheel than drivers of other age brackets. Of the young millennials surveyed, 88 percent reported driving dangerously in the prior month.

Who is liable when a ride-share driver crashes?

If you have ever gone out in Conshohocken but did not want to drive, you may have used a ride-share company such as Uber or Lyft. These companies operate through smartphone apps and hook those in need of a ride up with local drivers who are available. While these companies are widely used, there may be some question as to who is liable in the event an accident occurs. If you are injured as a passenger, it is important to know whose coverage will cover your medical bills and any lost wages if you are unable to work.

If a person chooses to become a driver for a ride-sharing company, it is assumed that he or she has their own motor vehicle insurance policy. According to Money Magazine, commercial policies may be available to ride-share drivers in some areas, although they can be quite expensive compared to personal coverage.

What if your car gets totaled in an accident?

Every year, tens of thousands of people are involved in car accidents while they are driving, and a fair number of those accidents cause substantial damage to one or more vehicles. When that happens, insurance companies are charged with maintaining a careful balance-whether it is more cost effective to repair the existing vehicle, or to "total" it and pay the full loss value. For the drivers affected by this determination, there can be a lot in the balance, and it is important to know how to get the most out of the insurance appraisal, as well as how to recover other damages like medical costs.

Prepare yourself for an auto accident before it happens

You can be the safest driver on the face of the planet and still be at risk every time you get behind the wheel. You only have control over how you drive, and the rest of the world may be distracted, driving cars not fit for the road or driving too fast. To protect yourself in the worst-case scenario when a car accident happens, there are steps you can take to be prepared. Do not assume that you are always safe because you drive carefully, because no one is exempt from the dangers of the road.

What are underride crashes and how can they be prevented?

Being involved in any kind of car accident in Conshohocken can be serious, but crashes involving trucks can be particularly devastating. When you share the road with big rigs, one type of accident you are at risk for is an underride crash. These types of collisions occur when a passenger car winds up underneath a truck after crashing into the side or rear of it.

How these crashes can be prevented is currently the subject of much debate. According to, federal regulations do currently require safety guards on the rear of certain trucks and trailers. You may have seen them on trucks before but not have known what they are for. They are a series of horizontal and vertical bars that stretch across the back of the truck.

Winter weather poses danger for Pennsylvania drivers

While staying snuggled up warm and cozy in front of the fireplace during a snowstorm may sound like a fantastic way to spend a day, for many people in Conshohocken, that simply may not be possible. For those who must take to the road during winter weather events, they may wish to exercise caution.

According to the Weather Channel, more people die each year from car accidents caused by weather than from weather events such as floods and tornadoes themselves. Approximately 445,000 people are injured and 5,900 are killed each year from car accidents related to bad weather. Hazards from winter storms are second only to those caused by wet, rainy conditions.

Email Us For A Response

Get In Touch With Us Today

Call 610-285-9011 or complete our online contact form to arrange a free consultation with an experienced Montgomery County car accident lawyer.

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Conshohocken Office
161 Washington St., Suite 400
Conshohocken, PA 19428

Phone: 610-285-9011
Fax: 610-941-5480
Conshohocken Law Office Map

Philadelphia Office
1515 Market St., Suite 1200
Philadelphia, PA 19102

Phone: 610-285-9011
Fax: 610-941-5480
Map & Directions

Conshohocken Office Map Philadelphia Office Map