Conshohocken Head and Neck Injury Attorneys
Nobody should have to go through a car accident. Unfortunately, thousands of drivers face this frightening reality on a daily basis – and in many cases, the scene of the crash is a highway. With so many drivers fighting for a spot on a busy, high-speed road, an...read more
If you or one of your family members suffered a head injury or neck injury in any type of accident, the Conshohocken injury lawyers of Jacobs & Fishman, P.C. can help you pursue financial compensation. Equipped with more than 80 years of combined experience practicing personal injury law in Pennsylvania, our aggressive attorneys understand how to maximize the value of your claim – while working to hold the party who injured you accountable for their actions. For a free consultation about filing a head or neck injury claim in Conshohocken, contact Jacobs & Fishman online, or call us today at (610) 941-4250.
Neck and Head Injury Claims We Handle
Neck injuries and head injuries both have many causes. However, most of these causes share one element in common: negligence, or the careless failure to meet reasonable standards of safety. When the negligence of an individual or business entity causes an injury, the victim may have a “cause of action,” or the legal basis for filing a claim or lawsuit against the negligent parties.
There are many ways an individual can be negligent, leading to preventable and serious injuries. For example, a driver can be negligent by running a red light, leading to a car accident that results in a whiplash neck injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI). Another common example is negligent property maintenance, which can lead to dangerous property hazards and defects. If these defects cause an accidental fall, the victim can break their neck, sustain a concussion, or suffer other injuries, potentially giving rise to a claim.
At Jacobs & Fishman, P.C., our neck and head injury attorneys handle a wide array of accident claims on behalf of victims and their loved ones. Types of head injury claims or neck injury claims our attorneys can assist you with include:
- Bus accidents
- Car accidents
- Commercial vehicle accidents
- Construction accidents
- Defective products (product liability)
- Dog bites and attacks
- Fires and explosions
- Medical malpractice
- Motorcycle accidents
- Property hazards (premises liability)
- Slip and fall accidents
- Swimming pool accidents
- Truck accidents
- Work accidents
Lawsuits, Settlements, and Compensation for Neck and Head Injuries in Pennsylvania
The head and neck are two of the most critical yet vulnerable parts of the human body. If either is injured in an accident, or is damaged by medical errors, the victim is likely to suffer serious, long-term health consequences.
Depending on the size, location, and depth of the injury, these consequences can range from chronic pain and fatigue to muscle weakness and paralysis. In the case of a brain injury, whether “traumatic” (caused by blunt impact) or non-traumatic, the victim may also suffer effects such as memory loss, cognitive impairment, loss of balance, and difficulty with speech or communication.
In addition to these physical consequences, the victim will also face debilitating financial consequences in the form of medical bills, reduced earnings, and future expenses for ongoing care. Perhaps most devastating of all is the emotional impact of a neck or brain injury, which can radically alter the victim’s life forever.
It may be possible for the victims of head or neck injuries to recover compensation – not only for financial losses, but also for the pain and suffering the injuries have caused. Compensation, or “damages,” may include:
- Economic Damages – Economic damages compensate injury victims for out-of-pocket and anticipated financial losses, including:
- Doctor appointments and follow-up care
- Lost income
- Medical devices and equipment
- Property damage
- Reductions to future earning capacity
- Rehabilitative care
- Noneconomic Damages – Noneconomic damages attempt to provide compensation for harm of a physical or emotional nature, such as loss of enjoyment of life, or the pain and suffering caused by an injury. Our experienced Conshohocken head injury lawyers know what strategies to use to calculate noneconomic damages and increase the value of your case.
- Punitive Damages – Economic damages and noneconomic damages are both considered “compensatory” damages, because their purpose is to compensate the victim to the greatest extent possible. The purpose of punitive damages is to punish the defendant, which is why they are only available in cases where the defendant acted with malice or extreme recklessness.
The amount of compensation available differs in each situation. Ultimately, the calculation depends on factors like:
- The extent to which you were supporting children or dependents before the accident
- The extent to which your earning capacity was reduced by the injury
- The nature and severity of the injury – for instance, whether there will be long-term effects
- Whether the injury caused any permanent scarring or disfigurement
- Your medical bills and treatment costs, including anticipated medical expenses
Depending on the situation, it may be more appropriate to attempt negotiating a settlement out of court, or to litigate the case by going to trial. We will continually evaluate the situation to determine the strongest course of action for you and your family, while keeping you fully informed of your legal options.
Conshohocken Head and Neck Injury Lawyers Serving Montgomery County, PA
At Jacobs & Fishman, P.C., our head and neck injury lawyers have been representing Pennsylvanians throughout Montgomery County and the Conshohocken area for decades. When injury victims meet obstacles on the path to justice – like resistance from insurance companies that deny liability, or unfairly reject valid claims – our skilled and effective attorneys are ready to intervene.
If you, your spouse, or one of your family members injured their neck or head in an accident, speak with the experienced attorneys at Jacobs & Fishman, P.C. about how we can help. For a free legal consultation, contact us online, or call (610) 941-4250 to get started learning about your options. We will never charge you any fees unless we recover compensation for you.